CSLA 3.6

Topics: User Forum
Oct 5, 2008 at 7:36 PM
I just found this project, and I love the idea of using a language to define the business objects. Relying on the database as the "source of truth" is not my cup of tea.

How close are the templates to being able to take advantage of the latest CSLA v3.6? Is anyone actively working on this?
Coordinator
Oct 6, 2008 at 12:05 AM
Basically it's just me working on it at this point. Right now the v3 "works" well enough to be a proof of concept but there is a way to go before it's ready for production use. Most of the main features are there but there is a lot of polish and debugging left to go.

I had been making pretty good progress on it but the over the course of the last month I have had wisdom teeth pulled and changed jobs and a variety of other distractions going on. So this project is still "active" but there has been some slow down recently. I have a few CSLA templates banged out, I've been using the Spark View Engine to do this, which has recieved a lot of updates recently. So Spark will probably have to be updated before more templates can be created. If you want to do some work on this I could probably fix up a few things and get you some instructions on how to dive in and contribute. Otherwise the best I can say is to subscribe to the Release RSS feed so you can keep track of progress! There definitely will be more work going on in the future.