Visual Studio 2008

Jan 16, 2008 at 1:36 PM
I have seen documentation for setting up nBusiness in VS2005 but what about 2008?

Links to documentation, or comments would be great. I really want to give this a try because I am not planning on going back to VS2005.

Peace
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2008 at 2:05 AM

I have seen documentation for setting up nBusiness in VS2005 but what about 2008?

I hear you, I have lots of ideas for improving the plugin for VS2008 but at this point it doesnt work. There are a number of feature improvements to I have been coming up with. Meanwhile check out LINQ to SQL, not quite the same thing but so far I am pretty impressed. For some ideas of what is coming up next for NBusiness check out these items:

Entity Inheritance
Entity Models
Entity Attributes
Partial Entities
Entity Reflection

Also the next plugin will probably not be with "Entity Projects" but instead will be more similar to asp.net where you have .aspx pages in C#/VB web applications. That will be the biggest change, I'm hoping this will solve the issue related to missing c#/vb intellisense. It should also make the plugin much more simple and less error prone.

Understanding that E# is more like a domain specific language, rather than an actual programming language helped me to come to some interesting ideas here.